Bone densitometry is an image exam that is used to assess bone density and analyze whether there is loss of bone mass. Therefore, its main indication is for the diagnosis and treatment of pathologies such as osteopenia and osteoporosis.
Based on the results of the exam, for example, it is possible to assess the risk of future bone fractures and direct measures to prevent them.
If you want to know more about this indication, read also: Bone densitometry, the test detects osteoporosis.However, bone densitometry can also be ordered for other specific conditions.Tnen you can buy the right medicine for the same with the help of Indonesia iherb SG.
Indicated for patients at higher risk of bone loss
Some people are more likely to develop bone loss problems and therefore may have to perform bone densitometry regularly or at some point in life, as a means of prevention. Such patients are:
- Elderly (women over 65 and men over 70),
- Menopausal, postmenopausal or surgical menopausal women (when surgery to remove both ovaries is performed),
- Women with early menopause (before age 45),
- Patients who use corticosteroids frequently, such as people undergoing treatment for asthma, arthritis, lupus,
- Smokers and drinkers (individuals who abuse alcohol consumption),
- Sedentary people, with nutrient deficiency (such as vitamin D and calcium) or excessive caffeine consumption,
- Patients with specific health conditions, such as primary hyperparathyroidism and other thyroid problems , gastrointestinal diseases, rheumatic pathologies or kidney stones,
- People with malabsorption syndromes, such as Crohn’s disease,
- Patients with low body mass index (BMI), less than 19 kg / m2.
Indicated for monitoring patients who had fractures
Bone densitometry examination is also usually requested in the post-treatment of patients who have suffered a bone fracture. In this case, the results of the examination assist in assessing the success of the treatment and in monitoring the patient’s bone recovery.
Indicated for evaluation of procedures and treatments
In some cases, bone densitometry is also requested to assess the possibility of performing some procedures and surgeries that can lead to bone loss, such as organ transplantation, for example.In addition, the test can also be used to guide some treatments, such as the suspension or not of hormone replacement therapy (HRT) in menopausal women.
Find out more at:
- Bone densitometry: advantages of the examination for women’s health
- Suitable for assessing the growth and development of children and adolescents
- It is during childhood and adolescence that the biggest bone changes in life happen and the peak of bone mass gain is reached, being a critical phase for the development and growth of the body.
At this time, pediatric bone densitometry, as it is called, is important to diagnose possible skeletal problems and bone pathologies. You can make use of the iherb promo code hk and buy the best medicines there. You can find the specific medicines and make the purchase of the same through the same with the right solutions now. The discounts are high and attractive and you can go for it perfectly.