In New Zealand, winter is just around the corner and many people are gearing up to have a fabulously cold vacation. Just as much as we enjoy our summertime fun in a motorhome hire New Zealand, winter means a time of glorious wonder in powder and is perfect for visiting some of the most beautiful places in the country.
New Zealand is truly a must-see destination any time of the year, but some of our hot summer destinations are just as “hot” during the winter. If you plan on traveling in a motorhome hire New Zealand, you may want to plan an itinerary to ensure that you don’t miss out on visiting any gorgeous place.
If you love winter and you love beautiful destinations, New Zealand is for you. The following destinations are ideal places for you to get your winter fun started. Check them out:
- Queenstown: If there were one place in New Zealand that you could say loves winter, it would be Queenstown. It’s a place that makes a big deal out of it and is probably one of the best destinations for families who are traveling with kids. Queenstown Winter Festival is always a favorite event to attend to kick off winter. There are plenty of activities to participate in for both kids and adults, or races and sports to watch if you don’t feel like joining in. There is also live music to appreciate and food and beverages to try. Plus, the area is full of great ski destinations, so what more could you want for getting your winter fun started?
- Rotorua: Baby, it’s cold outside, but that doesn’t mean that you can’t warm up while outside. If you want to do something different, Rotorua is always a good idea. Not only will the hot springs be an exciting way to enjoy being outside in the winter, but you’ll have the opportunity to learn more about Maori culture while in the area. If you want to explore the area, there are archeological sites to visit, as well as the Maori village.
- Kaikoura: Kaikoura is beautiful at any time of the year, but it’s especially gorgeous when winter comes around. With the blue ocean set against the gorgeous mountains covered in snow, make sure to bring your camera because this is a sight that is worth capturing. Not only will you want to make sure to get shots of the scenery itself, but if you’re lucky, you may be able to capture pictures of whales, dolphins, and even seals while in town. If nature is your thing, don’t hesitate to visit Kaikoura and get your fill of it.
- Lake Tekapo: Lake Tekapo is gorgeous all year around, but it is definitely the ideal spot for a romantic getaway when the weather turns cold. With mountains to ski on, a crystalline lake to admire, and beauty to behold wherever you look, Lake Tekapo is so picturesque, you may never want to leave. From star gazing to ice skating this is the place that romantic dreams are made of. Whatever the season may be when you visit New Zealand, don’t miss out on seeing one of it’s most gorgeous places.
- Arthur’s Pass: You want to be careful when visiting Arthur’s Pass in the winter, especially when driving your motorhome. Yet if you have the courage and caution to do it right, it can be a great experience. A place with gorgeous mountains, you can visit for a true winter holiday. With peaks to ski nearby, it’s a favorite for many people who want to be in a place that is known for heavy snowfall and a lot of winter fun. Just make sure that you go prepared, as you don’t want to end up in a pickle, due to risky roads and too much snow.
If you’re a fan of winter, you’ll love how the Kiwis enjoy their fun in the snow. Just because the weather is cold doesn’t mean that fun can’t be had, so make sure to bring your snow boots and the attitude to match.
Whether you want to visit lakes or oceans or suit up to ski, there are plenty of fascinating places to visit in New Zealand. As a country that is rich in beautiful landscapes and scenery, you can be sure that it will be a rewarding experience, no matter where you go.
From hot springs to migrating whales, there is something for every type of person. What interests you the most about New Zealand? If you want to do something different for your vacation, why not visit during winter season and enjoy a winter wonderland that is as beautiful as it is unique. Pack up your motorhome hire New Zealand and start traveling to the best winter destinations around!