Known as the city of lakes, Udaipur is another competitor in the race for the most mesmerizing destinations to visit in India. With architectural finesse and beauty, the city offers all that one requires for the perfect family vacation. From sightseeing tours to authentic Udaipur delicacies, one can never get enough of its cultural heritage.
With so much to explore, Udaipur is a city of wonders and best suited for people who are willing to explore every little nook and corner of the city. Who are interested to dwell deep into the historical value and cultural importance and immerse themselves into the true magic the city has to offer. With numerous places to visit, the city is suitable for everyone, from photographers and nature lovers to shopaholics and foodies.
- City Palace- One of the hottest spots to visit in the city. Established in 1559 by Maharana Udai Mirza Singh, the palace has the perfect location. Situated on the east bank of Pichola lake, it gives you a panoramic view of the city and its surroundings. One can easily see the Lake Palace, Jag Mandir, Jagdish Temple, Monsoon Palace, and Neemach Mata temple, which are lined along the banks of the lake. If you enjoy the peace then exploring its gardens, courtyards, as well as the museum, is a good bet. Also, the intricate work that the palace possess really captures our attention.
- Lake Picholi- It’s time to explore the waters with a boat ride in Lake Pichola. It is an artificial water lake surrounding various monuments and architectural gems of Udaipur. It is one of the exclusive destinations with a view of havelis, palaces, temples, ghats etc. The environment of the lake attracts a different variety of birds like Coots, Cormorants tufted Duck, Egrets, Terns, kingfishers etc. Established in 1632 AD, the lake is a shrine for photographers and nature lovers. Its one of the best ways to truly connect with the city and immerse ourselves completely in the view.
- Jagdish Temple- Starting your day in the lap of God as you visit the Jagdish Temple. The temple is a Hindu temple and has been worshipped since 1651. It is one of the major attractions of Udaipur and the temple was originally called the temple of Jagannath Rai.
- Lake Palace- One of the most beautiful wedding destinations’ in Udaipur, Jag Niwas is an architectural gem. Established in 1746 by Maharaja Jagat Singh II, it is an historical site turned 5 star hotel which is closely surrounded by lake Picholi, Jagdish temple and a few other tourist spots.
- Shopping places- Areas like Mochiwada for shoes, Bapu Bazaar for sarees and rajasthani handicrafts, Shilpgram for jewelry, clothes, handmade paintings, wooden furnitures and pottery items, Rajasthali for the brass and terracotta items, marble sculptures and gemstone, silver and lac jewellery, footwear, puppets and idols made in Rajasthan etc.
Come as may, the city comprises of everything and is a perfect go-to spot for tourists. You may require to pre-book your hotel to avoid last minute hassle and enjoy your trip.